Paul Graham Drilling and Services Company (PGDS) is committed to being an environmental leader in the oil and gas drilling industry since 1968.
Our environmental policy reflects our environmental commitment
- We shall comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations;
- We will look for opportunities to exceed current standards of environmental protection;
- We will look for ways to reduce our impact on the environment;
- We will conduct periodic assessments of our Environmental Policy and the work being conducted to
ensure we are following our Policy and all applicable laws and regulations;
- We will train all employees on the applicable environmental requirements of their jobs;
- We will strive for continual improvement in our environmental performance.
To ensure that we are implementing our environmental policy effectively and achieving our overall commitment, we have established goals and initiatives to monitor our environmental efforts and performance:
To comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations, PGDS will:
To seek opportunities to exceed current standards of environmental protection, including pollution prevention, PGDS will:
- Foster development and deployment of clean and sustainable
energy supply resources, and, as part of the planning process, screen these resources to minimize environmental and community impacts.
- Continue to pursue efforts to increase the use of recycled materials, reduce waste
streams and water consumption, maintain high waste recycling rates, and minimize the amount of toxic and chemical substances used in our operations and maintenance activities.
- Adopt procedures at our Rigs and shops to minimize impacts to water quality.
To improve management programs and standards that foster environmental excellence and innovation and reduce our impact on the environment, PGDS will:
- Continue to enhance our existing environmental management system to facilitate
compliance with all environmental laws and regulations and effectively mitigate risks
- Review and adopt “best practice” procedures and systems to ensure that our
environmental programs are as effective as possible.
- Continuously benchmark our systems, programs, procedures,
and practices against other oil and gas drilling companies.
To ensure that regular assessments of all environmental aspects of our business are conducted, PGDS will:
- Implement a periodic assessment schedule of all Rigs and shops.
- Communicate results of the assessments to senior management for action.
- Maintain a corrective action program to ensure full compliance.
To train all employees on applicable environmental requirements, PGDS will:
- Train all employees at initial hire and annually on this policy
- Ensure all employees understand all applicable environmental laws and regulations